1. - Top - End - #322
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Nexus of the Future I - Floating Dreams of Riches - Day 1

End of Night 4

Come morning, everyone awakens to find in the main room a chair, with a figure that smells like death. Approaching him, he stirs and looks up at you all underneath his dark hood.

”Sorry folks, just catching a nap here. This guy ran out of time, I had to go pick him up. But, since you all are away, you can dispose of the meat. See you all soon, very soon.”

Death then walks into a twist of air, leaving you all to wonder who he was here for.

The answer is quickly found next ot the chair that Death was sitting in, where the bound form of Purple gelatinous cube o' Doom lays in a state of death. Several bullet holes are visible on him, and there is a handwritten sign on him.

Ho Ho Ho. I just bagged me a Human Convert
    Fin wanders into the area, holding one of the Machines that were created. Looking at the small display that since he activated it directed him here, he sees that it is now asking to be plugged into the ship computer.

”Hmm, I wonder if this will give me free scries? Or maybe a free kill? Or save everyone and summon galactic peace.”

Ignoring Death standing in a corner watching the events, Fin finishes plugging the machine into the ship. The Machine then decides to speak.

”Please press the following color combinations: Red Yellow Blue Blue Blue Yellow Orange DarkOrchid Brown Red Red Blue Yellow Alpha Zeta Red Red Red Blue Blue Yellow.”

”I really hope it was not stuttering there. It would suck if I owe more money to my loan sharks.”

Hitting the buttons, the ship then beeps.

And beeps again.

WHOOSH!

That is the sound of the ship generating a massive EMP wave, DESTROYING EVERY ITEM ON THE SHIP!. Also it is the sound of the main lights dying, and the emergency ones coming on casting everything in a dull red color. Finally it is the sign of The Shop crashing burning, with only small bits of it still operational.

Turning to see everyone looking at him, knowning what he did, only one word can come to Fin.

”Whoops.”

Summary of Events
    • Purple gelatinous cube o' Doom was killed by John McClain – He was a Human Convert.
    • Fin used his machine, which destroyed every in-game item. Crafters can still make items, but everything made as of this point as been destroyed. Items being used to keep players alive (i.e. Head-in-a-Jar, personal clone) are still in use keeping those players alive.

Night 4 Ends - Day 5 Begins
    Last edited by Pwenet; 2008-01-13 at 10:24 AM.
    My DM Reputation
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspectre
    I'm good at making you fear the unknown. Pwenet is good at making you fear the known, which had been the unknown five minutes before he pushed you off screaming into the abyss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    I'm feeling this real hard now.
    Curse you, Pwenet. Curse you.... You had my hopes up there...