{I see no problem with reimbursing Desc the value in gem dust he spent for the party (even if we talked our way out of obliterating some lichs ... liches?), though I can't speak for everyone. But if the diamond dust is immediately useful towards at least one Raise Dead spell, might he be able to take the emerald dust, and trade it for an equivalent amount of diamond dust, later in his travels? Also, though OoC knowledge, Emily pointed out that one of the travelers would do anything to get another restored -- perhaps even contribute towards the cost. I would Raise the cleric first, if it were my decision. I have no way of knowing whether he would himself also be able to cast a similar Raise or Res spell. We could also use shares of the total treasure -- what does Beastskin do, canonically? Sounds Druid-y, if Ramzebak can make use of it -- to purchase shares of diamonds/diamond dust from party members who bought them pre-game, and worry about replenishing our own supply later.}

(also, forgive the use of brackets -- Sheppard is long-winded to avoid miscommunications, and he'd probably pawn his knickers if he thought it would further the sake of life better than for him to wear them! I'm largely using OoC voice to accelerate the discussion taking place between all the characters, as well as discussions we have likely all been through in other campaigns with other parties. ^^; Sheppard is fine with the Robe of Resistance (5400 resale) and Staff of Illumination (5790 resale) and putting all of his GP payment towards the Raise Dead spells, but again, he would like to redeem the Robe of the Archmagi before selling it/putting it to work for the party, and return the Pelor-blessed Robe to a Pelorian temple.)

IC:
"Lady Ilya, your benificence shames me! Though I fear it will be used to the ends of great evil, the Censer is not truly ours to destroy. Its purpose is to ward against Life in the hands of a Nerullian, but that is not to be said that it cannot be used to the ends of preserving life, as well. Perhaps in returning it freely and without recompense, we may even assert a sunbeam of goodness, of selfless charity, through the darkened windows of a Nerullite's heart? If he sees true selflessness, possibly for the first time in his life, may it transcend to an act of his own, later in his life? I am shamed, my dear, for I had overlooked that jewel which shines more brightly than any here before us: Hope. However slight the chance, we must have Hope that a servant of Evil can change their ways when shown enough of the Light!"

[Sheppard touches the Censer lightly; for the first time since its discovery, he does not regard it with contempt, but pity, the way one might regard an injured puppy that snaps at any hand that nears it. The Censer is not Evil by choice, it cannot help how it was made nor the Life-threatening magics within it. But shown enough kindness, cared for by someone not themselves wholly Evil, it could be -- he Hopes -- a tool to preserve Life.]