1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default The Union of The Serpent, The Second Generation.

It was mid-day, the sun was at it's highest point in the sky, not a cloud in sight. You'd hardly think there was a war going on, especially one that decided wether or not you'd be here tomarrow.
    The six of you had never really met before, but as you stood at the gates blocking the large stairs that lead up to the palace, you had a gut feeling you were all here for the same reason.
    The large castle was a light blue, as though it had been made of mithril, and shimmered in the sunlight above it, with a golden gate gaurding it.
    The guards opened the gate, and one to your left spoke up.
    "You may now enter the palace of his royal highness."

A little reluctantly you made your way up the long stairs, until you came to two large wooden doors, which slowly creeked open. A mand dressed in purple robes greeted you.
    "Greetings, I am chamberlain Joeseph the third. I will be guiding you to his majesty."
    Quietly, the old man guided you down the halls, he seemed to float over the ground, and it gave an eerie feeling when combined with his unaturaly pale skin.
    As you turned a few corners you could hear grunts, and battle cries, and the sounds of something hitting the floor. The sounds continued to grow louder until you came to a second set of large wooden doors, decorated with a golden snake, coiling upon itself.
    The chamberlain drew a sigil from his robes and held it up to the door, and it slowly creaked open. As they opened you were greeted to the sun, spilling into the room from a large window high above the throne.

A man, with long black hair, and clad in woodsman breeches and a chainmail shirt, was cutting down dummies that had been magically enchanted to scream as he did.
    You couldn't tell at first why he was doing so, but you came to realise that after each cut he would say something like, "Good, exemplary, needs sharpening," and he would hand the sword to a guard. He was moving so fluidly that you hardly noticed he was handing them off at all.
    You couldn't really understand why he was doing it, but Math recognised a tall, broad shouldered eldery male in the corner watching the king itently, for it was his father. The activities continued for a moment with noone really paying attention to the group that just entered, until the chamberlain spoke up.
    "Ahem, my lord, a group of travellers have answered your letters."
    At this the king froze, and turned to you, so did the weaponsmith, but he failed to recognise his son through the large beard.
    Erdrik was tall, strong, and built as though he spent much time running through the woods. His face was soft, but scarred.

He waved his hand and the guards holding the swords left the room.
    "Those will do. You have made good work today."
    He surveyed the group for a bit, stopping on Gloria, his brow furrowed, as though he recognised her, but was trying to figure out from where. His eyes widened shortly, and he shook his head slightly.

"Thank you all for comming today. I have sent out twenty-five letters, and six of you have answered. I must say this is a much larger number than I had expected.

I don't need to tell you we're at war, and what I have called you here for will definitely change the outcome.
    I'll cut to the chase. There is a sword, a very large sword, that can cut through even the lords of hell themselves, simply through it's own weight.
    This sword is carried currently by a Paladin in the south, the only problem is we don't know who he is. You may be wodnering why this sword will help us so much, well, it's because it's also an artifact. A sword that was passed down in it's owner's family for centuries. And it is the key to closing the rifts that are allowing demons and the like into our world.
    The problem is, is that I don't know who has it. But one person does.
    Now, I know this seems a little far fetched, and that you'd probably feel safer fighting on the frontline, as the opposition will defiinitely be hunting this sword as well.
    But before I go on, I must know, will you undertake this quest?"
    Last edited by The Necroswanso; 2008-01-16 at 11:23 PM.
    The Necroswanson's Deviantart.
    Freemanatar by Phase, thank you ever so much.

Remember kids, Vortigaunts say, "The Free Man is not a number."