Rana shook her head, still furiously - but not harmfully! - stroking cat-Lightning as she tried to vent off her remaining anger.

"...What are you even trying to gain here, anyway, Gale? At first I thought you were a total jerk, but after that last comment, it's clear you're just TRYING to be one! The heck good does it do you?!"

She shuffled her hands vaguely, trying to make a dramatic gesture, before realizing that she still had a cat in her hands. With an exasperated sigh, she put down the random tabby cat, and looked straight at Gale, putting on her best 'you hurt my feelings and offend my sense of justice' pout... and now making the dramatic hand gestures she had freed herself to do.

"I... Look, damnit! I was trying to avoid having to regale you with some trite tale of woe, but! I ran away from my home, ran away for rather good reasons, one of them involving our little friend with the horrible taste in footwear! I left behind anything that'd make something of my life, and if I were to try to come back, I'd probably be shunned or far worse! If I have to go through all of that, who are you to go around playing your little games with my feelings, then?! If it's for your sick idea of fun, then Hesiesh willing, I will cut you."

Another sigh, and a pause for effect, as Rana tried to... not look as immediately threatening as her last comment made her out to be. Of course, not that she necessarily knew how, seeing as she was still breathing heavily and measuredly, trying hard to keep her anger under control.

"...But... Well, if you're just trying to protect the girl, then I suppose I at least understand why you're doing it. Though that doesn't mean I like it! I mean, I just finished duping shiny Mr. Commander out there to do just that, and you decide to reward me for my efforts with this crap? Have you no decency?..."

Rana shook her head again, looking back at Lesia. She had a soft smile, if a bit sheepish of one.

"...Thanks. I... I feel a little better now. I don't want to mess everything up. I might not live long enough to do what I need to if I can't even stay calm..."