View Single Post

Thread: Exalted: Old Wounds

1. - Top - End - #48
    Banned

Default Re: Exalted: Old Wounds

Lesia looked back at her companion, nodding understandingly. "I wouldn't worry about him just yet. We can ask him his motives after we've found your kindred spirit. Also, can you please pick up your friend? There's a rat or something there that might ruin what is sure to be an interesting moment." Her confidence was palpable, and she turned back to the protective meddler, dispassionately surveying him. "First off, she hasn't really been all that loud. It's hardly out of the question for them to have heard, but there's always karma. Second, you have no mind for politics, if you genuinely believe they can act with quite so much impunity, though your protective instincts and caution,"Her eyes drifted upward briefly "are admirable." At this,she raised a finger admonishingly

"However! First off, your ruse is ineffective. Anyone given but the briefest moment to examine could tell that, firstly, you have left an unconscious man, presumably the owner or manager of this establishment nearby. I haven't gotten to look back there quite yet, but judging by the reflection on the window pane, it looks like you shoved him behind the counter and hoped nobody would look. Second, she's not that well hidden back there. You can come out now, by the way; As my friend has rather dramatically informed the three of you, she has no intention to hurt you or bring you back to your family. And we certainly won't tell them you were being carried around by your gallant rescuer." Oh yes, one would have to try to peel that smirk off her face. "Or if you'd rather, you can talk to us from back there. But I would rather see the cause of all this hubbub, if you'd be so kind."

She leaned back casually, glancing towards Rana. I wonder if that woman on the roof has anything to do with this. I hate unknown unknowns. We need to be less impulsive about these things, but I suppose Fate has its own plans. Supposedly. "I don't suppose you can tell me your plan, if any, Rana? The only thing lover boy here seems to have gotten right is planning for those soldiers. Can't totally dismiss them, now can we?" She glanced sidelong at Gale. "Out of vague curiosity, what was your plan? Just punch the army until they stop botherring us?"
    Last edited by Rutee; 2008-01-18 at 05:06 AM.