Gale

With the events going on at the back of the store, combined with the unexpected whinny and galloping clip-clop of hooves outside, Gale draws a conclusion of his own. He mimics Lesia's cocky smirk, though with wider, more mocking eyes.

"Well, actually, my plan was to keep you distracted while she made her escape, but it looks like you did that yourself with your overblown, ego stroking rants. If you can catch up with her on her new escape route, you can have fun with that. Meanwhile, I think there is something else to worry about here."

After that last sentence, Gale twirls from his nonchalant pose, ducking under the falling sacks and jars. He seizes the tale of the freakish two-faced rat, and just as quickly twirls out of the debris. His head is now covered with some white powder. He briefly licks some of it from the corner of his mouth. "EUGH. Salt. Thought it was sugar." After his tangential outburst, he displays his helpless catch with pride.

"Now, I don't know about you, but in all my travels I've never seen a rat QUITE like this one. And while we're trying to piece it out, perhaps you could tell us about the unconcious man behind the counter, since I'm in the dark here. Unless he's old, then I think I have a sad, sad idea as to who it might be. Anyway, freaky two-faced thing or runaway teenager. Your choice."

((Alternate scene description after line, in case of roll failure, which seems likely))
Spoiler
Show
After that last sentence, Gale twirls from his nonchalant pose, ducking under the falling sacks and jars. He attempts to grab the freaky two-faced rat, but doesn't seem to have been quick enough. It must have seen him before he could surprise it. He stands there grasping as substance upon substance falls on his head. After the powder clears a little, he takes stock of the situation a bit.

"Well that didn't work out. Huh. Anyway, I'm not sure about the unconcious guy, but I think you've got a choice between catching a fairly clever runaway teenager or catching this weird thing. I think I've really done all I can here."

He struts out proudly displaying his powdered head and shoulders.