Daniel Horton

Daniel looked up when Eric walked in as well, doing the manly thing and trying to clear any evidence that he might have been letting any sort of emotion out away. He thought about the question for a moment, his eyes going out of focus as he was assaulted with memories of his children. "More than anything...I just don't know if it would be best for them. They're probably just getting used to the idea of a new father figure and now the old one's back. What does that do to a child? Will they even want to have me around?" he asked, going quiet.

It was painful to watch. Daniel was raw with the need to be accepted again. He didn't feel like a human being anymore now that his ties to the world were being severed one by one. He couldn't justify it, but he felt betrayed, angry...it was like Jessica's new husband had stolen his life, his family from him and he didn't know how to resolve it. He had the power to rip the guy in half, but that would just make him a murderer and a nutcase. If he found the time to spend with Jessie and got her to love him again, she would already be married...could he put that stress on her? His kids...would they want him to be there instead of their new dad? ...Or would they reject him like their mother had done?

"What should I do...? What can I do? I just feel...powerless."