Nathanial

Nathanial whistled a little tune as the elevator made it down the 10 floors to the ground.

When the doors opened, he saw a very dirty and smelly girl... about his age, he supposed.

She seemed impatient and the look she gave him was not exactly pleasant either.

Smiling to her, he noted that it was indeed the first floor before making his way out, giving her plenty of room with a kind smile and a "Good evening!"

She looked at him again as she made her way past, but even though her gaze held an intelligent look, it was obvious she was looking through him rather then at him: a girl with a lot on her mind.

"The world challenges us all, but it never gives us more then we can handle. If it seems tough, then it's only because you are strong enough to deal with it!" he says a little loudly as the door closed to the elevator with the girl on the other side of it.

*sigh* I hope that was encouraging, and not as cryptic as it sounded to me. God, I am trying.

He looked at the to hers there staring at the elevator door and recognized the staff of the hotel and wondered if they were the source of the girls disgruntlement. If so, it appeared to have been mutual.

Such is life in this world. he thought as he started to make his way through the small collection of people with smiles and apologize for needed to get through.

Finally making it to the lobby, Nathan sat down with another sigh