Fethen

I had been studying a magical anomaly with great interest for some time. This anomaly was making people disappear at certain intervals. During the course of trying to witness one of these happenings in action, I was caught up in it. Trapped here as a statue.

Mordun
Fethen indicates the dwarven statue motioned earlier, woke me from my petrified state. He did this by touching me and breaking the necromantic energy loop that feeds the effect. This effect feeds off a subject’s life force keeping them in a petrified state, all while transporting them here for some reason. Why? I can’t answer that yet.

Fethen looks tired and somewhat haunted We traveled some, exploring the area a little bit. We ran into a bit of trouble with a phantom fungus, over there Fethen points off in a direction, North? After that we explored some more before trying to camp for the night. That was last night,

I think. We discovered that this place invades your dreams if you sleep here. Fortunately I have a spell that creates a small pocket dimension for sleeping in. I will be able to extend the life of it to 9 hours this evening so that I can sleep the whole night, all of us in fact. But I digress…

After nearly sleepless period of rest we traveled back to here to see if any more statues had arrived. You had. One strange thing about all of this is that when they touched the new statues, yourselves, they we engulfed and re-petrified.

Fethen turns the pages of his note book showing them a sketched map of the discovered area. Indicating a certain spot marked with a keyhole he continues At this location we found several smaller defensible sub caverns, and a huge metal door. I cannot identify the crafters for the work is amazingly intricate and expansive at the same time.

So that is what is going on, welcome to subterranean hell.

When he stops the age and exhaustion seems to seep out of him. He looks at everyone else waiting.

Spoiler
Show

If anyone jumps, or attacks, etc. toward him he will teleport 10ft away as a swift action.