Sage

The gnome's voice rises nearly a full octive as he peers at the wand curiously and says, "Faaascinating..." He pauses for a moment in thought and continues, his words coming so fast that they nearly run together. "I never thought about how the taverns back home chilled their drinks, but now that I do, there are a lot of ways to approach it. Simple ice is the easiest solution, but it only lasts so long and waters down the drink in the process. If a wand like that can be made cheaply, it would provide a much better solution in every way, but most wands run out of charges far to quickly to be used like this. A wand that can use the spell infinitely would probably be quite expensive; even if the power needed to cast the spell is small, the energy has to come from somewhere so it'd have to have some way to recharge, and that would be quite costly in any conceivable method I can think of." At this point, his face is beginning to turn a shade somewhat similar to his blue tunic, and he pauses to take a deep breath. He seems to still be deep in thought as he shrugs off his haversack and sets it on the stool next to him. He opens it up, and immediately on top is a vial of a blue substance that glows gently. "Hrm..." He gazes at the flask contemplatively and puts his index finger against the treated glass.

Spoiler
Show
Naturally, the flask on the top is his single dose of Alchemist's Ice. Questions to answer--

Does any of the ice's coolness come through the glass?
How long will Alchemist's Ice stay cold under standard conditions?
What will happen if it's immersed in a liquid?

It should be painfully obvious what Sage is thinking here. Checks to what he knows follows (I'm assuming a Craft check would be relevant for determining the properties of relivant creations):
Knowledge: Arcana (1d20+11=12) (FSCK!)
Craft (Alchemy): (1d20+11=13)(FSCK!!)