Hekesh

Hekesh keeps his eyes on the stage, but his head is tilted towards Miyuki so she can hear him clearly.
"It began a few months ago. We'd been pulling off a lot of good raids against the slavers. Freed quite a few people. I guess one of the slaver chiefs got smart, set a trap for us. They us back to the tribe and attacked. They killed a lot of us, but we managed to get the women and children out. It wasn't till later, when we went back to give our fallen a proper funeral, that we realized that a few people were missing altogether. Khaldun was one of them."
He takes a sip of his wine. (I'm assuming he's gotten served by now )
"In time, we managed to track them down, and rescue most of our people. Khaldun had already been sold. The slavers we questioned didn't know who had bought them. Just remembered some comments about him looking like a fighter and being taken north. I've been traveling since then."
He leans in close and whispers.
"I've heard rumors that there is an illegal combat arena in this town. I'm hoping he might have been taken there." He sighs. "I promised Zahrah I'd bring him home."