View Single Post

Thread: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

1. - Top - End - #749
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

Len stands up, admiring the spyglass in particular as she starts a loot pile on one of the tables. Those things fetch a very good price, and she might be able to restore it.

When more shouting erupts, Len suddenly becomes aware of the new conflict. She strides over and draws her newfound dagger.

"Fine." She says sharply, taking the bartender's hand and placing the weapon into it. "Your town's the one that suffered. Start with the ones who are alseep; they're bound to wake up after your squalling."

In the stunned silence, she watches the proceedings before making a deliberately audible comment. "Look at that, Harold. They're killers and thieves, but don't they look like children when they're just laying there? Look at their faces..."

A dark pause. The sleeping bandits shift lazily in place, looking suddenly infant like in their oblivion.

"...they're still somebody's children, I guess. I wonder what they went through to make them turn out like that. Maybe it was seeing things like what Willard here is about to?

Not just self defense, but the cold blooded destruction of one of Holy Faraham's creations, put here for an unfathomable purpose that might have been served except for this moment of vulnerability. Good thing those are just stories that you only pretend to believe, huh? Not to mention what you'll have to do to our friend Schorbuck here to get to him, who just protected you.
    "

Bluff (1d20)[20]

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, what a timely natural 20. Thank you, powers that be.

With a noncommittal shrug, she moves on to the next fallen bandit.

Search (1d20+3)[17]
    Last edited by Ya Ta Hey!; 2008-02-04 at 10:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar0k
    Probability has betrayed me, I thought we had a thing.

President, Founder, and Chairman of the Ya-Ta-Hey! Self-Promotion Club