1. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: THE Mafia VI Return of the Departed Emerald Dragon - Day 3

"I don't see why you had to dump Supagoof on the street like that." The dock workers had assembled in Ganurath's office during his break. It was going to be a long day.

"Do I need to spell it out? Supagoof has all but admitted to being in with the mafia. Mr. Hadow and some guy named EK are on the warpath. The mafia is on some campaign of vengeance. I don't even want to guess what the FOP is doing, but odds are it could involve a warrant to search the docks if Goof was still around." Ganurath breathed deep and gripped the edge of the desk, taking a moment to calm himself, steady his heart. Criminals and killers weren't the only reason he needed to be careful. "Supagoof is a lit stick of dynamite, and nobody knows the length of the fuse. I'm not going to meddle in anybody's affairs any more than I'm 'asked,' but there is no way I'm putting myself and all you boys at risk so you can have fresh jokes and easy money at the card table. Any questions?"

The dock workers shook their heads and muttered their responses, slowly making their way out. After the last one was gone, Ganurath went back to reading the newspaper, glancing at the crossword puzzle. "Eight letter word for a swamp..."