1. - Top - End - #135
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Merchants of Elm (IC)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Sornas View Post
    ((Actually, William really is 13 :P))

William

William sighed, it looked like he didn't have much of a choice here, but he wasn't about to tell her any details that may put her at risk.

"I...don't have a gang. " He mumbled quietly, instinctively recoiling out of fear of being struck. "I did, but they're all gone, those guards got them all for what we saw." He kept his eyes on the ground, thinking about what he had seen and heard.

"I'm sorry you got hurt because of me." He said, his voice staying low. "I can't tell you why, because they would be after you too if you knew, and I am putting you in danger by being here. I should go, but thank you for saving me."

He bit his lower lip, refusing to make eye contact with the woman. He glanced around, looking for what looked to be a safe route, and began to walk in that direction.

OOC: Oh, scratch the age comment then... I had assumed 15 because that's the lowest age in the range listed for PCs in the family history section of the the first post.

Lonna

Lonna watches the boy walk away for only a moment before making up her mind. I can't believe I'm doing this, she thinks, but he just looks too much like Go-Go always did when he had gotten into mischief and was about to get a tanning.

"Bo- William!" she calls. Trotting after him, she catches at his shoulder with her good hand, turning him to face her and lifting his chin so that he has to look her in the eyes. Her eyes are full of compassion, though not pity, and her voice is quiet but intense as she slips into the street slang she learned when she first ran away from home.

"Listen te me. I don't know what kinda trouble you're in, but if you think I'm goin te just abandon ya - with nobs hunting ya and no gang te protect ya - you're crazed. I ended up on the streets when I was your age or a little younger, so I know what it's like at the best o' times. And I never had no nobs chasing me, jest gangs what didn't want a skinny gal what couldn't pick pockets.

"As for me getting hurt because of ya, don't be a ninny. What did you think them nobs was goin ta do once they pinned me in a corner, give me flowers? I got off lightly because ya distracted the bastards and then took one of 'em out for me. If nothin else, I owe ya for that. I don't know what ya saw that ya shouldn't and frankly I don't care. That's your business and you'll tell me if I need te know."
    Lonna dropped the street cant before continuing, to ensure that William understood that she was completely serious.

"Because from now on, William, you have two choices. You can try to make your own way, with guards hunting you, always hungry, and no safe places to hide for more than an hour or two. Or you can come with me, and I'll protect you. If you want, I'll teach you, just like my teacher taught and protected me when she caught me trying to pick her pocket four years ago.

With that, Lonna releases William and takes a half-step back, waiting for his response.
    Last edited by Lonna; 2008-02-19 at 03:28 PM.
    I started a blog!
    Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kasanip for the great avatar of Pyrene!
    Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show