(and here's where the dice falter for Zasabi)

Zasabi's arrow strikes true, but tis but the merest flesh wound (1 hp damage)

Cefos rights himself in the whitewater and pushes out onto the shore where, pissed off, he flails at the poor elf with the spear in his leg, a broken staff in his hand and blank stare on his face. The flail to the chest finally ends his misery. (Since you rolled well enough on your Strength check, and subsequent attack roll I'm gonna say sure, you got a +1 Pissed Off bonus that round. Didn't change anything - the elf's still dead )

Dart reels on the attacker who moved to flank him. With a solid fist to the skull, he drops the elf.

Val watches his betting rival's success and steps forward to improve his score. His magical fist is useless, though, as his right hook catches nothing but air.

Sam, looking to improve his position and ready a fantastic assault and rescue, stumbles in the rushing water and is swept downriver, following Cefos's previously charted but uncontrolled course. (You too will need a Strength check to get out)

--

The spear-wielding elf, deprived of his flanking support, stabs at Dart but misses. His ally with the sickle ignores the so-far ineffectual Val who now also conveniently blocks Bassanius, to focus upon the tanking Dart. The sickle strikes a resounding blow . . . blocked by Dart magic armor.

The elf standing back from this fight is not anxious to step into the fray with Dart. Rather, he draws his spear back and finding the right moment, launches a precise shot into Dart's shoulder. Yet The transmuter remains as unharmed as he was before he struck his killing blow moments earlier

Spoiler
Show
the damage that isn't reduced by the DR soaks up the temporary hit points gained from your kill, leaving you exactly where you were before, hit point-wise

--
Act 1, Scene Elf

Aramir: Oh damnit where'd that come from?
Zekiale: I don't know! up there somewhere. Ahead of Joener - who's that?
Aramir: I don't know, but don't just stand there, get behind a tree.
Zekiale: They're attacking there, to the left.
Aramir: What? Where? I don't see anything.
Zekiale: Dig your head out of that tree and look. There!
Aramir: It looks like a human!
Zekiale: Yeah, I think so.
Aramir: What are humans doing here?
Zekiale: Attacking us.
Aramir: I mean, why?
Zekiale: It's obvious, Mir. They want our kobolds.
Aramir: We've only got the one - oh crap, Joener! Watch out for that spear!
(Aramir and Zekiale wince)
Aramir: Get out of there Joener!
Zekiale: Yeah, run, they're surrounding you - his staff, it just shattered!
Aramir: Why is he just standing there, looking like a fool.
Zekiale: He is a fool! Always was. Get out of there, you fool! Someone's coming out of the river.
Aramir: RUN!
Zekiale: RUN! . . . He's not running. He's not even movi-
(Aramir and Zekiale wince)
Zekiale: Dammit! We gotta do something.

Renar 24
Aaron 21
Xerxes 14
Zasabi 13
Cefos 13
Dart Init 9
Val 5
Sam 4