((Cool music for the post; I liked it. :D))

Lonna

As William buried his face in her tunic, Lonna returned the embrace. Looking down at the tousled hair that was all she could see of Williams head, she lifted a hand and gingerly began to smooth it down. The hug was somehow both alien and familiar, and Lonna tried to remember the last time she had embraced anyone. That last year at home I certainly never did. And I sincerely doubt that the street - wait! The memory struck suddenly, bringing tears to Lonna's own eyes. Of course, she had done much what William was doing now when her own teacher had offered to take her off the streets.

"It's all right," she murmured, deliberately echoing her teacher's words to her on that occasion. "Everything will be all right now. I'll make sure of it."

Once William calmed down, Lonna quickly wiped her eyes, then looked at her new charge. "Now that we're going to be together for a while, I think I owe you a bit of an explanation, since I'm about to drag you off to help a bunch of people you've never met." She sighed, trying to decide how to begin. "Five years ago I ran away from home. I thought I never wanted anything to do with my family again, so I came here to Shanty Town and never used my family name. Some people knew, of course, but it was better than nothing. Now it seems I'm going to have to claim that name again." Lonna took a deep breath, as if preparing to say something unpleasant. "My family name is Kite. My full name is Lonna Achyllea Kite. My father was Orikedes Kite and my mother is Achangea, who no longer claims the Kite name."