1. - Top - End - #682
    Barbarian in the Playground

cool Re: Characters of the Town (OOC)

Klakkr

Race: Dvergr (dwarf)
    Height: 4"3'
    Class: Soldier

Physical description:

Always in uniform, typically green fatigues under two piece breast & backplates with banded mail strung together over his limbs with an old battle-helmet ready, all painted to dull tones of green. Weathered, some scarring. Throat is a mess, he has trouble speaking - comes out in a gutteral growl, sometimes slurring. Missing three fingers, an ear, and white lines in his hair from old wounds to the head. Nose has been broken before. Skin tone is a dark grey, often with some dust, and leathery. Smile crooked from a damaged lip. A draftee's rune is tatooed on his right hand, yet a huscarl's house-mark is on the back of his neck. Both are old and fading.

Background:

With a rattle of spirit energy he and his company of dvergr soldiers appeared on the scene some distance from town. They soon found the place and introduced themselves as "Nagaarn" in a dwarf tongue unheard of around here. Their language skills soon improved, though many of them still don't know the local tongues. They are, in fact, finding out about the place and don't plan on staying, but are open to mercenary jobs and wet work. An older one called "Klakkr" is their captain and leads the company.

Company strength:

Three rifle platoons, one radio per platoon. Broken down into three squads each of 10 dvergr. Squads armed with bolt-action rifles, trench guns, grenades, various close combat weapons and one light machine gun per squad.

Support platoon, armed with a handful of mortars, heavy machine guns, and two field guns. Ammunitions are explosive, shrapnel, gas, smoke, and anti-magic.

Command squad. Klakkr, two mystics (casters), two light machine guns, radio operator, grenadiers.

Medical detachment: Field surgeon, four orderlies. Various equipment, no armour, non-combat. Carry pistols.

Klakkr's kit:

His armour is in the description, and that's standard fair for all troops of the company. He's armed with a breech-load grenade launcher that he can fire once per post. Also has a service revolver, some knives, an old inherited silver shortsword on his hip and an even older battleaxe. Keeps a few charms and wards about him, some of which may actually work.

As a note on the armour, it's effective against small arms such as most rifles at ranges beyond 200 meters. Short of that it seldom helps. Mostly reduces the effects of shrapnel, also works wonders against swords and other archaic weapons - but they're not gonna stop many magic weapons, and have plenty of chinks. Remember, it's a long way short of full plate armour. However, despite appearences it doesn't rattle.

Final notes:

This is an infantry company, built in the vein of soldiers from between the world wars. As a twist i'm calling them dvergr, as they're inspired from the norse dwarves - not so malicious, but as a people they're great craftsmen. Their tech doesn't fit with the medieval stuff most players are useing here, but if at any point it looks like i'm abusing them let me know. If nothing else, sales in the local tavern should skyrocket.

Feel free to interact with the troops if they turn up in the thread, i'll get around to answering and i'll wear it when they suffer losses. If they arn't active in a thread they're assumed to be camped out somewhere. They've got all they need to survive indefinently but will turn up in town on occasion, and may leave the area without notice.
    Last edited by Shirocco; 2008-04-30 at 08:31 AM.