Renar draws a new spear as he wades into the water - and then is swept up in the current, following Sam (I can't believe I rolled a 1 on that Strength check - and if y'all hadn't figured it out yet, I'm just as willing to use the scenery against you as I'm willing to let you use it against your foes)

Aaron's bolt misses horrendously. He doesn't even hit the air. His shot just vanishes. (although hitting -1 would be pretty good if we were playing AD&D)

Bassanius connects brutally with his halberd, however. Yet this elf is hearty, he takes the blow sand remains standing.

Xerxes' misjudges where he should aim his eldritch blast. Sure, he hits the cliff - it's bigger than the broad side of a barn, he really couldn't miss it - but the debris he dislodges comes nowhere near the elf. A boulder crashes down, knocking over a tree (thoroughly pissing off that ent!)

Zasabi dashes along the cliff and readies to strike at the first elf to pop his head out from cover (Yeah, the PH certainly allows this: Specifically, it's "ready an action." delaying is slightly different, not triggered by someone else's action)

Cefos rushes back to the riverbank and extends his flail out toward Sam as the wizard approaches

Val, flanking, unleashes his pent-up frustration at the elf Bassanius just hit, delivering a resounding smash upside the head that knocks the brains out of the poor, druidic fey, splattering Dart with a bit of the grey matter.

(Oh, and you weren't in Bass's way before. I had typed that before I had the positioning sorted out but forgot to edit it. And besides, as Bass has moved, there's no need for you to. As for what I've been rolling for you, that's simple: nothing good, at least until this critical hit)

Now waiting for Dart before we find out if Sam makes it out of the river (but with that roll of his, we should all know the answer) and then we'll see what the elves do. My money is on Zekiale and Aramir fleeing, considering they just saw their leader's brain punched out of his skull. I know I wouldn't be hanging around to be next in line.

(also: regarding rolling: If you can anticipate a roll you'll need, go ahead and type it into your post. I've been using your results when they're applicable. But if your actions indicate a roll that you haven't anticipated, I've been making them myself with the dice that are on my computer desk. Val, you might want to consider anticipating every possible roll you'll need, seening as how my dice seem to hate you )