Quote Originally Posted by Josiah30 View Post
Spoiler
Show
Forgot about the battle casting not allowing attacks of opportunity thing. Might change that up.

Also, the DM is allowing our characters to be superpowered...meaning we get a feat every 2 levels instead of every 3, and wizards become spontaneous casters. That is to say, if we know the spell (it's in the spellbook) we can cast it without preparation. He just told me this tonight...So I've adjusted my feat schedule as follows:

1: EWP (Sp. Chain), Combat Reflexes, Focus (Shadow Hand)
2: Finesse, Shadow Blade
3: Scribe Scroll, Summon Familiar, Alertness
4: Combat Casting
6: Somatic Weaponry (saves me 10k gold for something else...major at this level)
8: Adaptive Style
10: Focus (Abjuration)
12: Energy Abjuration
14: Quicken Spell
16, 18, 20: Undecided

Any thoughts on what those could/should be? Some options include practiced spellcaster, Martial Stance, Evasive Reflexes. Evasive reflexes could be incredibly fun, making it practically impossible for people to attack me :)

And, planned maneuvers:

Stance (SS1, IL 1) Island of Blades
Stance (SS2, IL 4) Child of Shadow
Stance (JPM 5, IL 12) Aura of Perfect Order

Starting Maneuvers (SS1, IL1)
Distracting Ember
Burning Blade
Counter Charge
Wolf Fang Strike
Sudden Leap
Mighty Throw

SS2, IL4
Shadow Jaunt

JPM1, IL8
Foehammer
JPM3, IL10
Entangling Blade
JPM5, IL12
Ring of Fire
JPM7, IL14
Inferno Blade
I forgot about the Swordsage recovery method; I'm all for Adaptive Style if things are as playswithfire says

If you plan to play out AoO's Thicket of Blades is excellent (IIRC it's Devoted Spirit, so you need a feat to get it as a martial stance).
Elusive Target could be very nice but I guess that an enemy can just keep moving. You can disrupt a charge with it though. More fun would be Improved Trip, but it also needs Combat Expertise as a prerequisite.

Practiced Spellcaster is solid; I'd add Improved Initiative to the list (and maybe adding Nerveskitter, or whateve it's called, to the list of spells known. Sp.Comp.). Arcane Strike (CWar) can be good if you plan to go nova often i.e. if you end up having more spells each day than you can cast. It uses no action so you can burn any number of spells on it, taking the best bonus to hit and adding the extra damage.

That's all I can think of. I'm not reviewing your maneuvers since the only time I actually used them it was a low level crusader and I have no idea about Setting Sun.