View Single Post

Thread: Characters of the Town (OOC)

1. - Top - End - #686
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Characters of the Town (OOC)

I wasn't gonna join, but Trog's sandwiches finally won me over. Here I go!

Mattarias The 25123rd
    Race: Immortal/Unknown. Rumored seraph, malakim, elemental, or other fire being.
    Height: Usually about 6'6".
    Hair: Red
    Eyes: Red
    Skin: Tan
    Alignment: Chaotic Good. He fights for the right, but only in his own way.
    Class: Nigh impossible to tell, but obviously a most skilled pyromancer that is no stranger to swordplay.

Description: Mattarias, a tall, thin man, seemingly in his late twenties to early thirties, is noticeable enough in a crowd. He often wears some combination of brown and red, and carries a wearied look to his face. His eyes, both crimson, are lined with memories impressed upon him o so long ago- especially his right, which bears a scar that runs down to his cheek.
    His wrists are bound in eternal gold chains, which extend and shrink as he gestures. The back of his right hand bears a curious mark- An ancient symbol known solely as the "Crest of Fire"- Two crossed swords behind a hollowed out, burning heart, upon which is emblazoned an archaic symbol of flame. His presence radiates power, but he has no desire to fight without cause, for he seems to carry no weapons...

[Backstory]
    *sigh* Long story short.. Eons ago, in the "seed world" from which All eventually grew, there was a great evil of horrific power, which threatened to nip creation in the bud. It was sealed away by a king with the power of flame, and through the mellennia, his descendants guarded the seal, doing whatever they can in their wait for the king's Gran Retour.. Until one day, a cult of twisted beings known as the Devas shattered the ancient seal, and brought Darkness to the realm once again. I, assisted by my kindred, fellow crestbearers, fought desperately to end the Evil once and for all.. And after many trials, sacrifices, and terrible happenings, I stood alone against the very primal source of evil...
    And failed.
    Yes, terribly I smote it, but it merely shattered, embedding itself into the hearts or all Creation, becoming Evil as it is known today, diluted as it may be...

[Common Knowledge]
    He seems to draw power from the symbol on his right hand... Also, he eats (and drinks!) far too much to be healthy- Which he doesn't seem to be at all. He occasionally coughs up blood and clutches at his heart, as if in great pain.

[Notes]
    Charisma too high for his own good. Also prone to falling through rooftops. More to be added when I think of things.

[Ongoing Storyline]

Mattarias appears in midair over the town, looking at a broken clock-necklace of his, puzzled. He looks down and remembers gravity. The rest, as they say, is to be written.
    Last edited by Mattarias, King.; 2008-05-12 at 01:20 AM.