Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
Taking a break from the work at the sites, Ovias answers, <Can't really say, Mara. The sites will be clear of trees by the end of th week, which will allow Eric to start planting immediately, but construction of even small lodgings will take at least two weeks, and that is assuming three other people help me with it, which at this point I cannot count with - everyone else is too busy with other things, or they are too oposed to me to want to help. I did ask Imbrallious to help recruit some people, but so far he has been too busy with his own work to be able to properly convince others to help here.>

<For example, I was hoping to start laying some ground work for the refuge this week, but since only Maria, Eric, Zav and me are actually clearing out trees, we're missing people: we need four to clear the trees. I know that Zav and Eric will not help next week with the refuge (Zav wants to start mining, Eric wants to start his otato farm), and I can't count with Maria helping me with construction, so likely I will be all alone in the construction, which would take me almost two months. At that point, however, I'd likely find something else in which to occupy my time.>
Mara Herbswife

<As long as the others continue to bring in enough food for the group to survive I'd be happy to help however I can. I don't know home much use I'll be though. I know nothing of crafting wood, and I lack the strength of the assistants you are losing.> A frown flitted across her face as she added, <That is part of why I became a healer in first place. I lacked the skills and strength to haul nets as most women in my village did. Still, it will be better for everyone if we can establish a more permanent shelter - less danger from exposure and less vulnerability to foul weather. Not to mention I'm sure we'll all feel better when we have stout walls between ourselves and anything that may come at us during the night.>