Quote Originally Posted by Moechi_Vill View Post
OK, I think I got it this time:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74665
I don't understand these rules yet, so I'll just roll my dice and stay out of CO-GMing for faraway interest until I've got a better hold of them.

Nuclear Strike 1: Rolled 6 against Ukrainian army.
Nuclear Strike 2: Rolled 3 against Ukrainian air force.
Nuclear Strike 3: Rolled 4 against against Ukrainian army, rolled 4 against Ukrainian air force.

Follow-up strike concentrating on hitting their ports and ships in the open for the naval offense and airbases for air superiority mission (that's the strategy):
PS. I'm not sure if Ukraine still HAS any army or air left, depending on whether the rules directly transfer the 4d6 I rolled as damage or whether there is some calculation that divide or subtract from the damage?

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74665
(A dice thread I started.)

Rolled 33 for naval offense mission with 9 navy.

Rolled 29 for air superiority mission with 10 air.

There's also 4 armies across the border, shelling Ukraine with artillery and fortifying defensively, but I don't think they get any action dice.
Nope, you didn't get it right.

You need to compare each d6's results to the table of action points.

roll 1 on d6 = 1 primary
roll 2 on d6 = 1 primary
roll 3 on d6 = 2 primary
roll 4 on d6 = 2 primary + 1 Secondary
roll 5 on d6 = 2 primary + 1 Secondary
roll 6 on d6 = 3 primary + 2 Secondary + 1 Tertiary

Using 9 navy and 10 Air an olling this:

military Spearhead: airforce 10 prime: Air strength second: Air Defence Tertiary: Naval bombing Navy 9 prime: Naval strength second: Naval Defence Tertiary: Naval bombing (1d6=1, 1d6=3, 1d6=5, 1d6=3, 1d6=2, 1d6=2, 1d6=1, 1d6=1, 1d6=6, 1d6=4, 1d6=4, 1d6=3, 1d6=4, 1d6=2, 1d6=2, 1d6=6, 1d6=2, 1d6=4, 1d6=2)

Air: 1,3,5,3,2,2,1,1,6,4
Navy:4,3,4,2,2,6,2,4,2
Referencing the tableyou get

Air: 16 Prime (air strength)/ 4 Secondary (air defence)/ 1 Tertiary (navy attack)
Navy: 15 Prime (navy strength)/ 6 Secondary (navy defence)/ 1 Tertiary (air attack)

Nukes are thus as follows:

Army nuke: (rolled a 6) 3 Prime/ 2 Second / 1 Tertiary
Air force nuke: (rolled a 3) 2 Prime
Army nuke: (rolled a 4) 2 Prime/ 1 second

------------------------
GM:

Sirens roar across the Ukraine as the entire EU nuclear arsenal is unloaded onto their territory.

Ukraine takes damage:
5 Army lost
2 Air lost
3 Economy lost (2nd)
1 Population lost (3rd)

Nuclear dust clouds appear and fallout spreads...threatening to cover EUROPE, TURKEY and EUROPEAN RUSSIA.

Radar systems all over the region detect EU ships and aircraft streaming towards the Ukraine.

All minors in the Balkan strongly condemn the EU for the use of Nuclear weapons. Greece and Cyprus Secede from the EU. Greek ships in the fleet leave EU as does their army (-1 navy, -1 army). The balkan nations are mobilizing their forces near the EU border.

(more to come)