Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Game of Nations

18wealth total-13upkeep=5
    global free trade is 8+9=17
    Total wealth=22

Spending
    +7 to Air
    +4 to Economy

Australia has planned to increase its military power for several years and the sudden unexpected use of nuclear weapons on Ukraine has caused it to put these plans into action immediately.

Robert Daniels assures his people that now more than ever they are in need of their armed forces and military spending.

Since Australia is a waterlocked country and refuses to use nuclear weapons Robert has decided to invest heavily in completely restructuring and improving its air force.

He has also given businesses more freedom and funding to start up in Australia. Entrepreneurs are invited to immigrate freely and are promised government support if they do not have enough money of their own in return for shares in their businesses.

In addition Australia is opening its boarders to immigrants from Europe such as the Ukrainians who no longer feel safe in their homeland. Any wealthy, skilled or influential people will be immediately let in and have all their needs accommodated.

Technology
    All 13 points in tech will currently be used to invent superior aircraft.

Australia is pooling all its greatest minds together to create the most advanced military aircraft possible. Main areas of research are creating lighter building materials, miniaturizing current systems and increasing speed and durability at a safe rate.

Another major focus is creating the best stealth bombers.

To New Zealand
    Australia continues to urge that New Zealand take its offer to join because of the recent nuclear attack. Robert cannot guarantee that New Zealand can be protected from incoming attacks without its full cooperation. He also states to leader of New Zealand that his country is a liability to Australia's protection from potential invaders because if it is taken over it could be used as an outpost for further attacks. If it is attacked Australia may be forced to occupy it to protect its own freedom and New Zealand's. Robert says he is confident in Australia's greatly improved military and says he cannot say the same for New Zealand and its leader must concede his country is vulnerable to attack as it is now.

To world leaders from Robert Daniels, Prime Minister of Australia
    I strongly disagree with the action EU has taken and I wish to help the Ukrainians by welcoming them to Australia.

It is unfortunate to know that my nation's trade with the EU has helped fund this attack which I feel is equivalent to a blatant act of terrorism. However, I cannot immediately withdraw my trade agreements with it because they represent nearly one third of my countries total trade and doing so would cause a serious blow to Australia's economy which would make me unable to help the displaced people of Europe and my own.

If this situation continues to escalate I may be forced to withdraw trade but I cannot do so now as my nation's bankruptcy would no doubt lead to further global deterioration in one way or another.

I do believe the EU, with its vast economic wealth, should seek to pay Ukraine reparations for the damage they caused. It can never replace all the lives that were lost but I believe it is not much to ask for the EU to make payments over several years to help rebuild Ukraine's economy.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2008-03-13 at 05:12 PM.