Round 7

In a feat of desperate strength, Running Bull manages to force the bear’s paws away from himself just enough to squirm free of the bear’s clutches and drop back to the ground. He lands softly on the balls of his feat and brings his dao together, ready for another strike.

As soon as he sees Running Bull fall to the ground, Xun sends another surge of his chi burrowing under the ground and bursting forth in a column aimed at the bear. Once again, he is frustrated when the bear moves quickly to the side and avoids the column.

With only Running Bull in reach, the bear lashes out again at the ranger. One of its paws collides with the side of Running Bull’s head, while its jaws bite down hard on Running Bull’s shoulder.

Meanwhile, Li Lao sends two blasts composed of a deadly mix of compressed water and shards of ice hurtling toward the bear in quick succession. The first flies over the bear’s head, but the second strikes it in the back and the bear staggers, severely wounded.

At almost the same time, Shui Jin brings his fire whips streaking toward the bear, connecting solidly both times. The combination of the ice and the fire overwhelms the bear’s failing strength, and it collapses to the ground, unconscious.

The fight is over.

OOC:
Spoiler
Show
Sorry Running Bull, breaking a grapple is an attack action, and you don’t have more than one attack granted by your BAB.

Running Bull takes 12 damage from the claw and 12 damage from the bite (both unadjusted).

Nice work everyone on the battle. I’m really pleased with how everything went, despite a few hiccups along the way. It seems like nothing was too overpowered, and the new classes acquitted themselves well in this battle. Feel free/encouraged to post any comments/concerns/issues that this battle brought to light over in the playtesting analysis thread (linked in the project hub).

Thanks a lot for playing. I enjoyed the combat thoroughly, and I hope you did too.