23rd of Leita in the year 1219, Mid-evening, cloudy dusk, Cold, Average wind

The Drunken Boar - Stockard, Tori and Smelkie

The mayor's face lights up as Tori and Smelkie join the group. "Welcome to both of you!" He waits for everyone to get settled in, then he continues: "Ok guys, I'm not gonna beat around the bush. This town is in a spot of trouble and we need help from some capable folk to sort it out. Many a year ago I would have done this myself, but alas, now I am both too old and too important to the town to do so." he sighs for a moment, a sad look in his eyes..
Looking up again, he goes on: "This is the situation, about 4 weeks ago the people here started hearing noises in the woods from time to time and from time to time one of the lumberjacks would report seeing a shape or a shadow somewhere in the woods.
At first we assumed it was just the typical superstition that comes with this time of the year, but about a week ago Jamie Brenson, one of the 'jacks here, went missing. He had a morning shift, went into the woods very early and was never seen again."

The mayor takes a big gulp from his tankard, taking a moment to catch his breath. "The last week things have gotten increasingly more grim. We have had several occurences of people going out during dark or twilight hours and being attacked. Five days ago Richardson, our local priest of Ehlonna and an experienced woodsman, went into the woods to find out what was wrong. We have not heard of him since."

Mayor Honesall looks around to the three of you, he seems to be pondering about something. "So here's my request, I want the three of you, or more if you can find others to join, to go into the woods and find out who or what is causing all this. If you accept this mission, I will announce it right here to the townsfolk, so they know who you are and why you are here. That will ensure you some cooperation from them at least.
Obviously there will also be some financial reward for this. If you make it back succesfully, either having resolved the situation yourself, or have the information plus evidence I would need to call in assistance from our neighbours, I will pay each of you sixty gold coins for getting the job done. What do you folks say?"