Vakira, to Mehswif

The Divinus motions respectfully when Mehswif finishes his proposal and nods his head. "I've seen your people, a little, through the endless roots of this world. They respect nature, and even their trade in your starmetal is gentle, cleansing. They are not impure," he says, and his tone makes it clear that he holds this as a compliment.

"I create in person, but I would not usurp their faith. If you wish, I will agree to come to your people under your own watchful night, myself clothed in its black tones as best I can. I will give you these plants, and more. In return, I ask for two things: first, and simplest, I wish for your assurance that your people will not blacken my skies with smoke or pollute my waters with grime. Let them live their comfortable lives, but never at my own expense," Vakira says, and he stands up, beckoning a small group of tiny green grigin children forward from where they cower behind coral.

"My second is not so much demand as opportunity: I wish to send some of my children out into the world. Their form will have to change, I think, but your gentle light and wall of starmetal...they are good protections. A small bit of land for my next tribe, and your people will never want for wood or food."