View Single Post

Thread: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

1. - Top - End - #405
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Daryk View Post
    Tano

"Mistress Herbswife, I do not believe there is any misunderstanding. The dwarf made his position perfectly clear the last time we spoke: he is unwilling to engage in an informed debate. I will NOT stay here any longer than absolutely necessary. I will continue to stand the double watches I have committed to, but the second we have sufficient transport, I am leaving this miserable rock," the elf said, visibly restraining his temper. The anger and frustration that welled up inside Tano surprised him, but he didn't want to take it out on Mara.
    Mara Herbswife

Mara winced internally at Tano's evident anger, though she kept her face smooth. Ovias, my friend, it seems you really annoyed our elven companion.

"No one is making accusations here," answered Mara soothingly. "And the fact that you continue to watch on your shifts despite your differences with Ovias is admirable. I understand you are anxious to leave the island. I don't blame you. I would much rather be working under my master and teacher instead of struggling to remember lessons that will keep twenty-odd people alive and healthy despite the dangers of this island. I'm not asking you to change your mind about Ovias, merely that you listen to what I have to say."

Mara paused, waiting to see if her words had penetrated the elf's frustration.
    Last edited by Lonna; 2008-03-18 at 04:36 PM.
    I started a blog!
    Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kasanip for the great avatar of Pyrene!
    Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show