Roostin

Quote Originally Posted by Lonna View Post
Mara Herbswife

Mara continued to help Ovias with the construction of sturdy walls to shelter the group, and, anxious about disease catching hold if they remained exposed, tried to persuade anyone with idle hands to do the same. At some point during the week she approaches Roostin and Tano while they are taking a break from working on the ship.

"May I have a moment of your time, gentlemen? I believe there is a bit of a misunderstanding between yourselves and Ovias, and I'd like to try to resolve it if I can."
Roostin stood up as Mara approached. He didn't seem surprised at Tano's outburst, but he remained even tempered, with his usual cheerful expression. "Misunderstanding, Miss Mara? Ah don't think so. Ovias knows whut he knows and wants whut he wants and you either agree with him or you're a dang idiot. Ah know lots of people like that. My Pa was like that, and you may have noticed Ah ain't living at home no more. Ain't no point in arguing 'bout it, and there ain't no point in getting all twisty about it neither. But Ah will set here a spell and listen to whut you have to say. Can Ah offer you a sip of this here tasty water? Carefully stored in an old oak barrel and with only a hint of sand for flavor." Roostin grinned as he offered Mara a dipper of water from the barrel stowed beside his work area.