Quote Originally Posted by watsyurname529 View Post
The Psychopath is my newest PrC. I'm having some trouble with the final ability, Greater Psychotic Rage. I want it to be something different and special and not just bonus increase from +4 to +6.

Any suggestions welcome. Also, any ability suggestions for Insane Rage are also welcome.
For "Insane Rage", can you select the same ability twice? "Tough as nails" x 2 would be kewl (the other abilities seem pretty weak). Also taking the "Insane Rage" "Not Goin' Down" ability is a bit of a rip-off since you get "Psychotic Toughness" anyway. Here's a suggestion for an "Insane Rage" ability:

Sadistic Glee (Ex): Each swing of your weapon that connects sends waves of ecstasy through your psychotic mind. While drunk with the incredible pain that you have caused, mortal wounds seem like nicks and scratches. While you are raging, any damage you deal with melee (ranged weapons lack the intimacy to cause a psychotic reaction) weapons grants you a number of temporary hit points equal to 1/4 the damage dealt. These temporary hit points last until your rage ends or the encounter ends, whichever comes first. For example, Sula the Unhinged is a 2nd level Psychopath and has just activated his Psychotic Rage. The deadly arc of his jagged greataxe rips into the tender flesh of his ogre mage opponent, dealing 20 damage in total. The sight (and perhaps the taste) of the pain he has just inflicted on the ogre mage causes Sula's mind to reel with Sadistic Glee, granting him 5 temporary hit points. These temporary hit points last until Sula's rage ends, or the ogre mage falls, whichever comes first.