View Single Post

Thread: The Center Cannot Hold [Group B]

1. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Default Re: The Center Cannot Hold [Group B]

decided to make a new post, on the off chance folks are waiting for a new post to register in their thread subscriptions box.

Narrator:
    It is a pleasant evening at the Cork and Arrow, a mid sized tavern in the Imperial garrison town of Deenan, the only strong imperial presence in the eastern frontier of Caradhras. You are awaiting contact from a fellow named Dal-Penel, a gnome that finds you work from time to time. You have just about finished your supper, and are listening to a minstrel tell the tale of the fall of a great empire, one that ruled a thousand years ago. It might be an interesting tale, but this minstrel isn't very good. The gist of it is that the capital of this empire was sacked by a barbarian horde, and the elite warriors of the empire never showed up to fight in the battle. The emperor drank from a poisoned goblet rathet than face the humiliation of defeat. The tale is about to end when your contact sits down at the table with you. He has dark hair that is a shade of purple, you think. It would be unusual if he wasn't a gnome. He is dressed in dark green and gray clothes, of a fashionable cut.
    "Evenin' gents. I 'ave some work lined up for you. Fella by the name of Illichin Melindy owns a diamond mine a day 'nd a 'alf north from here. 'Parently there's some crazy muck taken over the mine, killed his men, and the last group he sent to check it out did nae come back. Payoff is 400 platinum, plus he'll look the other way if you want to pocket any loose diamonds you find. This crazy mook's probly got some magic of his own you can loot as well- Melindy's got no interest in tha', he just his mine operational again, afore the empire misses its next shipment. Thar's 'ell to pay if the empire don't git its taxes from him, and they want the dimonds, not gold."
    Last edited by Skjaldbakka; 2008-04-01 at 01:10 AM.
    Aratos Tell
    HP:53/53 AC:19,FlatFooted:16,Touch:13
    Active Effects: Speak w/Animals
    Spells Prepared: Cure Minor Wounds*4, Flare, Calm Animals, Charm Animal, Cure Light Wounds, Animal Messenger, Flaming Sphere, Lesser Restoration, Hold Animal, Cure Mod. Wounds*2, Speak w/Plants

Megiddo
    HP:26/26 PP: 40/40 AC:14,FlatFooted:13,Touch:13
    Active Effects:
    Spells Prepared: Light*2, Burning Hands*2, Protection f/Evil, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, See Invis., Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray*2