View Single Post

Thread: Eberron With Giant Robots 00

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Default Eberron With Giant Robots 00

When the first Invaders appeared, all we knew was that they came from beyond the sea...

"...a year later, we don't know much more," explained the redheaded woman, dressed severely in the uniform of Breland's Royal Navy. "But thanks to the cooperation of our fellow nations and the arcanotechnology provided to us by the Dragonmarked Houses, we have at last begun to keep the creatures at bay."

The Countess ir'Frey (Captain, Royal Navy) stood before a darkened room, herself and the strategic map of Khorvaire on the wall behind her spotlit, as if she were on stage. Within the surrounding darkness, an uneasy, untrusting silence was broken by one of her audience's few members, his illusory form speaking from the shadows.

"I hear a lot of nice talk about fighting back, your Countessness, but who's doing the fighting? I've got these damn bug-thingies tearing up the woods not a hundred miles from my capital."
    "What, Boranel, are you worried that they're poaching your royal game? You're the big war hero, why not go out and hunt them down yourself?"
    "Hmph. At least he's not holed up in his castle and leaving his countrymen to rot, you monster."
    "And just what do you mean by that, Your Highness?"
    "Idiots."

The world is doomed, thought the woman. "Your Majesties and your Holiness," she continued aloud, "If you'll allow me to answer King Boranel's question...in addition to the current forces defending all of our interests, we've commissioned a new Mobile Suit Team in Sharn. They will be assigned to take point on the offensive against the Invaders, and I have it on the highest authority that they're the very best in their respective fields."

"I have it on my authority, Countess, that they're a pack of lunatics and/or flagrant violations of normal intelligence security procedures."

"Well, um, when recruiting the very best in their fields, it's inevitable you're going to come across a few...personality disorders..."

D-o-o-m-e-d doomed.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2008-04-13 at 01:15 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack