View Single Post

Thread: Character Builder Thread

1. - Top - End - #925
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Character Builder Thread

Mind Flayer Illithid Slayer

I'm playing a 13th-level Mind Flayer Illithid Slayer in a Gestalt game soonish, and I've got a build up but I'm thinking of changing it. Currently, it's Rebel (CG Paladin in Fax Celestis's fix) 5//Psychic Warrior 1/ Illithid Slayer 5, but I'd like to rework it to be more of a mobile combatant, running round people and then jumping on them, tentacles extended, and eating their brain.

Available books: Core plus Crystal Keep and possibly homebrew stuff if I can persuade the DM.
    Ability Scores: 36-point buy.
    Alignment: Chaotic Good, definitely. No compromising here.
    Traits and flaws allowed; no manifester/caster levels ect. above ECL (not a problem here, I feel); Practiced Manifester gives extra power points (may not be a houserule, but that's the interpretation of the DM).
    Concept: mobile Illithid-slaying Illithid grapple-monkey. Preferably use Illithid Slayer, and would like plenty of size-expansion, and would like high Charisma for Mind Blast et cetera. Anything that takes advantage of flat-footedness would be good, too (I'll be stunning people a lot...).
    Concept, reworked: More of a back-line combatant, actually. Would like to stick with Illithid Slayer, but ridiculous Grappling isn't so important- concentrate more on improving Mind Blast and adding a bit more control-style stuff. Also, may swap Psychic Warrior for Wilder.
    Other: Gestalt plane-hopping, mainly Material Planes; will be starting soonish, so I need this quite quick.

Obviously, to get the build possible, the first 7 levels are easy...

LA7//RHD7

Take it from there, basically...

EDIT: Going into minute detail isn't necessary, but classes and useful feats are what I'm after. Currently the character can get up to a +34 Grapple bonus (with augmented Expansion), so anything that can get above that is particularly nice.

That Grapple bonus breaks down thusly: +11 BAB +8 Size +8 Gloves of Titan's Grip +4 Improved Grapple +3 Strength. Chaos Monk with the Passive Way style would free up a couple of feats and, at the next level, add another +1 effective to the Grapple (Combat Expertise for 1, so -1, but +2 from the style).
    Last edited by MorkaisChosen; 2008-04-17 at 09:48 AM.
    BImportant note: I'll be away from the Internet for two weeks. Apologies to anyone this causes a problem for.

Thanks to xiolin_monk (AKA Maestro) for the Wolf Priest avvy.

I am the insane creator of the Mind Flayer Paladin of Freedom. Fear his brain-eating for goodness.