View Single Post

Thread: When The Avatara Walk the Earth....

1. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: When The Avatara Walk the Earth....

Silently, Tahlin followed the bard on their tour through the compound. Glad he was to be along, witnessing with his own eyes the power and connections the Organization possessed. More than this, though, the elf studied Karden very carefully, noting both his manner and speech as he interacted with his subordinates and the way the bard physically moved, trying to read his movements and forsee his abilities before either of them ever crossed blades.

Eventually, it was that time, and he and the bard were met in one of the large training rooms housed in the Organization's facilities. He stripped to the waist, and after his new employer ensured that this was to be a friendly and safe match, he took his kukri, feeling its familiar weight and balance, letting its presence in his hand take him back through the decades he had spent with the blade as his primary companion.

He stood still for a moment, letting his mind attune to the coming battle, and then turned slightly, lifting one foot and planting it firmly behind him, arms up and ready as he entered the deeply rooted stance. He noted a hint of surprise and a gleam of something else... excitement?... in his opponents eyes. "I take it you have not often encountered martial artists from some of the further reaches of the world. This form is based on the Northern Mantis school of martial arts, learned from the time I spent in their monastery. Though the mantis style lends itself most to the katar, a weapon I am also well versed in, I have brought in elements from both the Hung Kuen and Baguazhang styles to better suit the attack patterns of the kukri, my weapon of choice.

Hmm... perhaps I had better just... show you."
    Last edited by H Savvy; 2008-04-16 at 11:18 PM.