Quote Originally Posted by Realms of Chaos View Post

And behind door number 2, my attempt to make some of Bookmen's ideas usable in an everyday campaign...
Before going on I must say that I really like your take on my ideas.
Now to the comments.

Dread Alchemy
Your connection to alien realms allows you to craft bizarre, and often inimical, items.
Prerequisites: Invoke Breach, Craft (alchemy) 4 ranks.
Benefits: You can now craft dread alchemic substances, as listed below.
Special: For each dread alchemic substance that you knowingly carry, you take a -1 penalty on fortitude saves. Close exposure to such inimical forces simply wears away at your health.
Nice. I like the special part. It really fits with the BP theme.

Thought Crystal
This shard of crystal seems to bend the light around it in a most unnatural fashion.
Thought Crystals are raw manifestations of the order that our multiverse has placed within the far realms. As such, their pressence is detestable and painful to creatures from that far place. All pseudonatural creatures, half-farspawn creatures, and creatures native to the Far Realms within 20 feet of an exposed crystal take a -2 penalty on all attack rolls, skill checks, and saving throws.
Prerequisites: Dread Alchemy, Craft (alchemy) 4 ranks, 500 gp
That looks very good and is truely a great stating of my idea. The only thing I have to say, and the error is my fault not yours, is that when I thought this up I had called it Thought Stone not Crystal. I'm not quite sure which idea fitting better, Crystal or Stone. Crystals are more often used by Otherworldly beings (and the like) then stones, but there are Otherworldly beings (and the like) that are made of stone.
Silver Vein
The small item before you has the look of a mesh of veins made from iron, weakly moving as if alive.
This strange item may be planted on a helpless foe as a standard action or thrown at an active foe as a thrown weapon (simply dissipating if it misses). When it makes contact with a creature, that creature must make a DC 15 Fort save or become helpless and immobilized as they are wrapped up in a cocoon of silvery mesh, which emerges from the victim's skin. Each day over the next week, the target may attempt a new saving throw, although the DC is increased by 1 each day. If they succeed, the transformation process is aborted and the creature can break free. In addition, any target receiving the benefits of a heal spell automatically breaks free. If the creature fails all saving throws for one week, they emerge at the end of that week as a pseudonatural creature with -6 intelligence, wisdom, and charisma (to a minimum of 3 in each of those ability scores) who is treated as hostile towards all creatures. At this point, only a wish or miracle can restore the creature to its former shape.
Prerequisites: Dread Alchemy, Craft (alchemy) 12 ranks, 9,000 gp
My original idea was more drastic then this, but I really like this. I'll work on creating something else with my original idea.
Pact Gem
As you gaze at this incredibly flawed gem, you get the feeling that you look at it not just with your eyes but with your entire soul.
As unpredictable as the Far Realms is, it undoubtedly seeks to remove us from its pressence. Among its means to do so are a few gems granted with the ability to exchange a willing party's soul for power. When first grasped by a willing creature, that creature gains benefits as if they had signed a pact certain with a devil (Fiendish Codex II, pg 23-24), except that they choose the benefits and may not choose to receive XP.
In return for the boons, when the creature is slain, no means, including divine intervention, may bring them back to life.
A single creature can only bind to one Pact Gem and a single Pact Gem can only bind to one creature. A pact gem can be destroyed (Hardness 10, HP 5). Doing so denies the creature of the benefits that they have gained but does not allow them to bind to a new pact gem (or save their soul after death).
Prerequisites: Dread Alchemy, Craft Alchemy 15 ranks, 12,000 gp
Very nice! I'm not sure what else to say as it is very nice.