View Single Post

Thread: Wastes of Shello - Group 2

1. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 2

"Well, eh, got me a ship to captain tonight, how bout' we wait a bit 'til we reach calmer seas and can anchor the ol' woman." He walks up to the deck of the ship and cries out with a great booming voice, "SET SAAAAIL!" As he shouts that, his meager crew begins working all about the ship, setting sails and pulling up multiple anchors.

It's a long while at sea, on the third day the Captain deems it calm enough, with nothing more than a light drizzle overhead to drop anchor and allow Taraliel to do his operation on him, and letting his first mate, Fenn Knight, take over in his recovery and absence from consciousness and the material plane.

By the fifth day, it seems calm enough, barely a cloud in the sky as they sail. The captain seems at first very disturbed by his new grafts... but doesn't take him more than a day to get used to them and yet another to really love his new body-parts. "Ahaha! Terry yeh great ol' elf! If'n I lose 'nother limb I'll come righ' to yah!" Giving him a hardy pat on the back with his new demonic claw... all but the arm he uses to pat him seem energetic and happy through the pat... but the arm itself seems almost like it wants to punch holes in Taraliel.
    Right after he finally gets used to the new, unexpected grafts, he pays Taraliel in ancient Shelloen gold coins and many pieces of ancient art and jewelery.

Days eight through twelve are largely uneventful... more intermingling with the crew and the party, you learn some of their names and mannerisms. They all almost seem as insane as Captain Dawn himself, but not nearly as much. The captain himself seems to stand at the bow of the ship, facing the wind with a grin and a squinted eye.

On the thirteenth day... or more accurately the thirteenth night, when all are asleep in their chambers and hammocks, there's a strange creaking in the ship and the sounds of something moving in the water outside...
    "AAAUUUGGGHH!!" *splash*
    "AT AAARMS!!" And as the captain shouts over the dark ship, there is a deep, unholy moaning coming from the very water beneath the ship...
    Spoiler
    Show
    When everyone's up and on the deck, I'll roll for initiative.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-04-22 at 11:16 PM.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf