Pyrene

ARE YOU SURE THAT YOU WISH TO BE TRANSFERRED OUT OF THE PRISM UNTIL THE DATE OF YOUR EXECUTION?

Pryrene thought for a moment before answering. She was no fool; she knew a little of what happened in Ironheart proper, and that her knowledge was incomplete at best. The fact that there was no record of her sister was some comfort, but not, ultimately, enough to counteract the determination inspired by her nightmares. The vast majority of the horrors she had dreamed her sister living through would not have put her in even a town jail, much less Ironheart. And while the visions her mind had conjured did not necessarily indicate what was, the Judge had admitted that they still might come to pass in the future. The only way to be sure of Ariella's safety would be to escape, and the only way she would have the slightest chance of doing that would be if she were outside the Prism. She would just have to risk the dangers that waited outside this red rock prison.

"I'm no stranger to the suffering inflicted by others, she said at last, "but here even my own mind is not my own. My Lord, I thank you for your concern, but I think I would prefer to risk the physical dangers outside this place."