View Single Post

Thread: 105 The Battle for Gobwin Knob, Page 95

1. - Top - End - #84
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Default Re: 105 The Battle for Gobwin Knob, Page 95

Quote Originally Posted by BarGamer View Post
    Wait. WAAAAAIT... If Wanda is not under any Loyalty spells, why is she taking orders from Stanley?? Unless... *GASP!* She's NOT!

Spoiler
    Show
    WANDA has the Suggestion Spell on STANLEY! That's the other reason why Wanda "slept" with Stanley, to cast the Suggestion Spell on Stanley the same way Wanda did with Jillian, when she pulled out that scroll! Even the golden glow from the scroll and the spell she just cast are the same colors! Obviously Wanda can't easily change the big things like "I, Stanley, am meant to rule." Wanda actually is "in" with Parson's whole speech how being Attuned to the Tools is better than being a Royal! DAAAANG! This changes EVERYTHING!
    I noted a few pages back that the timing of Wanda's crash didn't fit with it being an effect of the spell on Jillian breaking -- Jillian went through her own mental Blue Screen Of Death, talked to Ansom, and attacked Leeroy before Wanda collapsed. That could be explained by supposing that the spell didn't fully break until Ansom swooped in for the dramatic rescue, but that seems like a stretch given that Jillian was doing things that the spell was supposed to prevent and (perhaps more significant) venting hostility toward Wanda ("I really hope you can see this, Wanda...")

If Wanda had a suggestion spell on Stanley, then the debacle might have broken it ("This booping useless 'Perfect Warlord'! This was Wanda's stupid idea! I never should have listened to her! I'm never going to listen to her again!!") Note that immediately afterwards, Stanley goes back to his own original "take the Arkenhammer and get out" plan.

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    I took the 3rd panel as Jillian surrendering her turn to Wanda.

It could have meant "turn" sides, but I took it as my "turn" is over.
    I'm pretty sure it meant "turn" sides, given Wanda's rejection and Jillian's response that Wanda was unable to turn sides because of the (presumed) loyalty spell on her.

Quote Originally Posted by drachefly View Post
    I can't grasp the scale of the second to last panel. her voice seems to come from nowhere.
    Huh? The "AYBABTU" balloon has a pointer to the point where the column of ZAP meets the floor (it may be a bit difficult to see at first glance given the light-colored background).

The panel doesn't have any clear scale cues, but in context it's apparently a section of the tower balcony floor (and thus not all that large).

Also, if we take the reasoning that it must be a full hex, then how did Wanda move out of turn?
    Units can fight non-allied units that enter their hex (on the latter's turn) -- indeed, if they aren't led, they must do so.
    Last edited by SteveMB; 2008-05-02 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Added response