Quote Originally Posted by Corwin Weber View Post
I am leaning toward the cognitive dissonance angle here.... especially on Ansom's part. For all Jillian talks about his pretty ideals, he's a bit of a twit. (Arguably as much of a twit as Stanley is.) Wanda going 'too far' is something I see as being more CD on Jillian's part. If your partner in that sort of relationship goes too far, you use a safeword, you don't wipe out their sanity.
Yes, if Wanda was respecting Jillian's boundaries -- that's what I meant by suggesting that Wanda might have crossed the line into abuse because she was conducting a real interrogation with real stakes (possibly up to and including her own survival).

If so, Jillian might prefer blame Stanley rather than Wanda because she doesn't want to think ill of Wanda and already bears a grudge against Stanley for attacking Faq (which she had suspected, and considered confirmed when she first encounted Wanda in Stanley's service). Her assumption that Stanley had Wanda bound by a loyalty spell enables her to rationalize that, and also explans why Wanda rejected her appeal to run away with her.