Quote Originally Posted by SteveMB View Post
It could be that Wanda is in denial about the nature of her own actions (much as Jillian is in denial about Wanda being responsible for her own actions -- IMO, the reason Jillian refuses to believe that Wanda isn't bound by a loyalty spell is because such a spell would be a rationale for putting 100% of the blame on Stanley's head).

If Jillian and Wanda have a dom/sub relationship going back to when they were both Faq units, the war would have allowed them to resume it... but in a distorted form, with no genuine consent and real stakes on the line. Such a situation would be ripe for abuse, and ripe for opportunities to rationalize it away (e.g. "I don't really have any choice." or "At least I'm keeping her from getting croaked.").
My main issue is that Jillian was captured multiple times, and Wanda let her go every time. Although she might have done it in order to increase the chance of being able to glean more information from her 'spy within', she herself also divulges a lot to Jillian, such as the summoning of Parson.
They shared a relationship not only based on dom/sub, but the intimate 'pillow talk' afterwards, as a prelude to Jillians' inevitable 'escape', clealry indicates a special relationship of trust with Jillian.

That notwithstanding, the spell upon her was the last straw for Jillian. I just wonder if the spell was actually cast by Wanda or if it were cast by someone else (Maggie? Someone at FAQ? Charlie, who was Stanley's ally at the time that FAQ was attacked? (do not attack the dwagons...?)...)

That certainly would be the kicker - Jillian croaks Wanda, only to discover later that it was Ansom's aly that had contributed to the fall of FAQ, as well as the spell cast upon her... ooooh talk about mind-borked...
Yes, i know, far-fetched.

I completely agree with you that Jillian does not wish to accept that Wanda could be acting on her own against her, to her own peril, as she has clearly betrayed Wanda far worse than she ever was - Wanda could have croaked her countless times, and kept releasing her, and sharing informatino with her... she let her infatuation with Ansom and her hatred of Stanley overpower her concerns and desires for Wanda.
Of course Wanda has a right to be mighily pee-oed, and I suspect we will see just how deeply this hurt will reach when she reaches into the bowels of the aether and summons forth a creature of such abomination as to turn their opponents ashen with fear.

Ooooohhhh I love the seweet sweet torture of the wait on these boards... :D