Quote Originally Posted by Zeku View Post
Another idea, the moment it became clear to her that Parson might actually win at GK, she was careful to strengthen her bond with Stanley, knowing that Jillian's sudden transition to loyalty and competence would be attributed to her mistake instead of Parson's. Why spare Parson?
I read Wanda's motivations for sleeping with Stanley as a delay tactic to give Parson more time to execute his battle plan without Stanley butting in and mucking everything up. Stanley was already pissed that the "Free Jillian and then beat up on her rescue squad" plan didn't work (for the first time, apparently). Also. Wanda was doubly invested in seeing Parson succeed:

1) She recommended summoning him, then actually performed the summoning
2) She manipulated a release of Jillian

I am interested in seeing future strips futher explore Wanda's relationship with Parson. Not in a romantic sense, mind you. Wanda must be ultimately confident in his abilites due to the inheirent parameters of the summoning spell that brought him. She quickly identifies Stanley and a deeper understanding of the rules of Erfworld as the only things standing in his way to manipulate the tactics of the situation. Does the prospect of manipulating Parson pose the ultimate challenge to a Dom like Wanda? (uncroaked, thrall Sub in Jillian, power behind the throne in Stanley, etc...) Does she see him as potentially someone as devious as she is, and thus someone she can have an actual friendship with rather than a semi-dysfunctional relationship?

Hope, hope, hope next update comes soon! I'll even take a blog at this point...