Quote Originally Posted by Pirate_King View Post
I was play testing the new firekick in a L7 oneshot, and there was almost no reason to not be using it at a level where a DC15 is incredibly easy. perhaps we should limit firekick to once per round, or maybe only once per attack allowed by BAB, so Firestorm/Rapid shot couldn't be a bunch of kicks. Or possibly raise the DC for every consecutive kick.
The more I think about it, the more I think this problem is unavoidable for a firebender, given that their abilities boil down to pretty much "deal fire damage" and "deal more fire damage." In my mind, the same is true of Blue Fire, Explosion, and Intensity (so...every firebender template seed except Breath of the Dragon). I don't really have a problem with this, other than the fact that the show depicts firebenders mixing kicks and punches. Perhaps reducing the number of attacks a firebender can make while using the seed by one (minimum one) or imposing an attack roll penalty, but other than that, I can't really think of any way to fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate_King View Post
on a slightly unrelated note, bending blasts provoke AoO's as other ranged attacks do, yes?
Yes.