Anyone who is inside the cottage would see Titus excusing himself to speak with those who remained outside.

The knight emerges from the dim dwelling and gives a look to Flare. "What's going on? Afraid this one might be a fiend as well?" Before waiting for an answer, he continues. "You speak a little loud. I heard you from within." he states bluntly, before addressing any concerns. "It was foolish of me to let my guard down earlier - but come, we have seen this woman's face and heard her speak. This very cottage is testiment to a civilized being. And, I do not believe any magicks could stimulate the senses so! We can not only see this abode," he gestures to the wall of the exterior. "but feel the splintering of the wood," he runs his hand across a board. "even smell the old smell of an aged cottage." he sniffs it. "Inside, the dust that collects only on a wood floor tingles my nose. This is surely no illusion, and I do not think anyone who would attempt to prey upon roadside travellers would construct a home and weather it such - far too much trouble. Perhaps..." He glances back through the doorway. "Perhaps this woman is merely a kind and hospitable person? As for intelligent creatures of the wood - who would seek to harm a lonely old woman? She probably possesses nothing of value, so I see no reason for her to be the prey of bandits. And, the structure looks sound enough to deter wolves, and other natural predators."

He ponders a moment. "Or, if that is not enough, maybe she holds a secret to survival in this wilderness? I have heard many a tale from passing bards, of ancient hermits who appear weak and foolish yet possess great lore and know how to protect themselves from beasts, in ways not obvious to the eyes of most men." He folds his arms. "Maybe we can ask her of it?"

Not a moment later, the old woman emerges. "Is something wrong, dearies?"