View Single Post

Thread: 1e: Tsojcanth to Horror

1. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: 1e: Tsojcanth to Horror

[DM]
    As the dire wolf moved around the battle undetected by all. Daero fired his bow as Me Lady swung her axe at the giant.

One arrow launched by the gnome struck true into the chest, but the other flew off into the woods.

The half orc sank her blade twice into the foe, each attack slicing deeply through the flesh and muscle of the hip.

The dire wolf attacked from behind, surprising the giant and her companions, her teeth sank deep into the giant’s leg. Before the giant could react, she bit it again (I rolled, since the first was surprise attack), damaging the other leg.

The giant roared and stepped back and to the side, swinging at Me Lady. The club landed a solid blow on her left shoulder, flesh bruised and bone bruised (15 dmg) from the attack.

Gum moved toward the sleeping gnolls, intent on slaying their leader. He glanced over and noticed the magic user waving his arms around and pointing at the trio of giants that advanced into the clearing. Some sense gave him the inspiration to veer off from a direct path to the gnolls, which saved him from being in the area when a tiny bead streaked forth from Adimus’ outstretched finger and struck the middle giant in the chest. It blossomed instantly into a ball of magic flames that scorched all the giants, and barely missed Gum.

Though burned badly, each giant continued to charge towards the wagon. The dwarf and monk tried to engage them all, and the magic user ran to the north. The halfling moved toward the gnoll leader (he'll get there next rd and can kill it easily).

The dwarf sliced into the giant that came at him, cleaving off a big chunk of its leg off at the hip as the blade of his bardiche sank in to the bone. With a jerk he pulled the weapon free as he dodged the giant’s clumsy attack.

The monk lunged with his spear into the chest of his giant, setting the butt of his weapon in the ground and using the momentum of the giant’s charge to inflict a more serious wound. Though severely damaged now, the giant still swung at Lin as he pulled his spear free. The monk dodged to avoid the blow, but was struck (16 dmg) on the left side with a bone crunching club attack.

Adimus had moved around the wagon and ran from the other giant, avoiding the club attack altogether. Though it seemed clear that the giant would outrun the human soon enough, Adimus dodged and ran in an irregular pattern to take advantage of his agility compared to the ungainly giant as he pulled his wand out.

Next rd
    [Lin Lee]
    The monk continued to attack with his spear, “Stay away from it Adimus! Run to find Me Lady and the others!”
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative(1d6)[3]
    Attack(1d20+2)[14]
    Damage(1d8+6)[8]

[Adimus - NPC mode]
    The magic user turned suddenly and aimed his wand at the oncoming giant, “I will Lin, but first!”, he spoke a command word to activate his wand.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative(1d6)[2]

Wounds
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adimus 2
    Ayn 4
    Dain 4
    Lin Lee 16
    Me Lady 15
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2008-05-17 at 11:40 AM.
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice