1. - Top - End - #79
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Arena Tournament, Round 38: Mike C Hammer vs. Chile V

Total Concealment

If you have line of effect to a target but not line of sight he is considered to have total concealment from you.
    Total Cover

If you don’t have line of effect to your target he is considered to have total cover from you. You can’t make an attack against a target that has total cover.
    The Breath of Night doesn't block LoS, but through more than 5', it grants what's inside of it Total Concealment. You can still look through the fog though. That definitely doesn't make sense to me, but that's what I think it's saying.

As for the glass, looking through two panes grants Total Concealment, therefore it blocks LoS. It's a solid wall so it also blocks LoE. He has both Total Cover and Total Concealment. Having one doesn't necessarily grant the other though. He's concealed because I can't see through the (tinted / distorted) glass, he has cover because there's a wall between us.

edit: and no, two forms of concealment does not grant cover. There could be two different fog clouds between two people, but one can still shoot an arrow at the other.
    Last edited by chilepepper; 2008-05-21 at 02:54 AM.
    <--- Avatar made by bayar