The two uniformed policemen pass by on their way to the stairs down from the station landing, shooting a glance at you as they pass. As they reach the stairs, one leans in to the other and says something, looking over his shoulder at you. The other one just shrugs as they continue down the stairs together. Now it is just Eclipse, his man in the polo shirt, and you on the landing.

Eclipse mashes out his cigarette in a nearby ashtray before walking over to you. "I'm gonna go ahead and brief you as to what's going on and you can handle filling in any latecomers. We have witness accounts and a surveillance video that doesn't reveal much, considering they both had their faces hidden. We know there were two of them, we know they came off the train, both were armed with automatic weapons, and at least one of them was a willworker. Forces adept." He gestures at the burn marks. "It's a wonder we're not swimming in paradox, considering every witness we have is a sleeper." His cellphone rings again, more Beethoven. He takes it from his pocket, looks at the screen, and hits ignore. He puts it back in his pocket. "Their purpose was the kidnapping of a man called Arcadius. A provost. Mysterium. Those were his bodyguards." He points at one of the charred bodies, then at another in the center of the splayed bodies, and then at one more nearest the stairs. "The attackers escaped down the stairs and into a waiting vehicle, white early to mid '90s Astro van. We don't know if Arcadius was injured in the attack, but this shooting isn't exactly surgical so it's not unlikely." He pauses, taking a deep breath, reaching back into his pocket for his cigarette case. "We're obviously dealing with some intense people, here. At least three dangerous individuals with no regard for human life or invoking paradox." He lights the cigarette and pulls on it They haven't contacted us yet. The council wants you to perform an initial investigation into what happened here, who did this, why they did it, and where they are now. Some of you are relatively new to the city, and you're all a little green around the ears if you ask me. We're strapped for manpower, though, and I guess a few of you know some people who know some people so there you go." He taps the ash from his cigarette "Any questions, so far?"