Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Kai View Post
No, Aleron, it's quite alright. As these rules are a bit different than standard D&D, perhaps I should explain just how they are meant to be used & what they are designed to accomplish.

The Aeon Monster Class is meant to create a powerful NPC that a Summoner can take control of temporarily for added firepower, just like in FFX (or any FF game with Espers/Summons/Guardian Forces/Eidolons/whatever). It's not really for PCs to play as, because Aeons don't usually have any free will. They are essentially genies-in-a-bottle, appearing to grant wishes (as long as you only wish your enemies dead). Also, the Aeons that a Summoner calls are really only powerful because they are high-class-level creatures, so as to maintain a balance with other classes (even other monster classes).

As for the Aeons that you encounter in the game (Valefor, Ifrit, etc.), the upcoming Aeon Prestige Classes are each meant to emulate one of them. Please refer to the Table of Contents for specific listings.

Regarding convincing NPCs to submit to becoming Aeons, I'd say it would be difficult, if not impossible, to do so. You're essentially asking a character to give up their life & become an immortal slave that exist to serve in combat, with the only benefit being the promise that they will be set loose against Sin. I can hardly think of a less appealing bargain. Only the most dedicated, driven, obsessed characters would even consider such a sacrifice. Convincing someone to knowingly do this should require an insane Diplomacy check (DC45+). Even knowingly volunteering should probably require a Will save (DC25+). I mean, this is more than suicide; even more than martyrdom. This is eternal servitude, & should be treated seriously as such. No cohort would knowingly agree to such a thing (all evil PCs should note the repeated use of the word "knowingly").

Yes, all of the Aeons had differing spellcasting power, & I may choose to alter the MP/level of the prestige classes to reflect that, but this monster class is designed to offer a consistent base upon which to build a number of epic-level monsters for a Summoner to unleash upon their enemies, if only for a short time.
I think I get where your coming from on this. Basically the Aeon's from FFX are the result of massive experence gain on the part of the Aeon, where as this is where most of the Aeon's started as. Ok. Thanks for the clear up, wasn't sure exactly how you meant to work the Aeon's, but I think this will work pretty good. :)

On the DIplo DC, I'd honestly set it upwards of 50-55 as the BASE dc. I just wanted to make sure you'd thought about that aspect of it. :)