1. - Top - End - #98
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Adventuring 101: Part 1 - Around The World In...We'll Decide Later.

"Well mister Fhil, if you don't want to help, I guess that's fine. Though adventuring is the most involving hobby around, I've heard say." Karin says. She lets out a yawn. "Anyway, I'll be retiring too."

She sets herself against the seat, her chair floating up enough to tilt comfortably aback, and closes her eyes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fhil, I'm gonna fast-forward, whether you are meditating or awake doesn't entirely matter, though I assume you would rest so as not to risk fatigue penalties.

Night settled in Yawnsburg, which had seen a slight increase in the influx of eccentricity for the day. The Gnomish gliders that had no caught fire tended to their friends, with everyone high-fiveing each other for reasons unknown. The tavern closed for the night, its half-giant barkeep throwing bodily the drunken goblins and bugbears languishing within. In the government office, Minerva played with her antennae one last time before closing her book, and leaving to the back office, where they kept a small room for her. The tollbooths were closed, the Sicily clone drank an oily potion to keep her awake (as Sicily Stores were open 24 hours a day).

Things were rather normal for a time. The skies were blue, grasshoppers chirped, and the stars were in place. All save a single of these shining beacons, which seemed to be moving relatively fast across the sky. It zipped overhead in a curve, dipped low, and grew larger. Its movement could be best described as "careening." The star was careening towards Paradiso, specifically to the fourth peak of Yawnsburg.

"Oh my!" said an onlooking girl, watching the star. She passed her goggles of sightseeing to her dwarf companion.

"By my beard, that star be headed right for the mount!"

It was these two, Romilda Sparkling the 21st level Commoner and her companion Bob D. Plainfolk, 21st level Expert, famous daredevils and generally off-their-rocker sort of folk, who saw the event unfold. The star was in their plain view for just a simple moment – and it was rotund, and metal, and boasted a strange insignia. Then it flew overhead leaving a trail of smoke and fire in the ruptured clouds, and smote the mountaintop with a potent explosion.

Romilda blinked, and her mouth hung.

"Looks t'me like we should find 'nother mountain to climb." Bob said.

Chapter 2: Mount Unstable and the Dromeda Legion

Next morning, everyone awakens distinctly remembering having heard some kind of booming noise in their dreams, or meditation-induced visions, or whatever sorry excuse for resting their strange race possesses for no particular reason. Karin herself looks rather bedraggled. "That was an awful dream, I finally uncovered the Pseudomonarchia Daemonum in an archeological dig, and when I read it, it's full of explosive runes. The booming noise was so real too..."

On one table is a note from Bryant Duorn, which reads:

"Fellow comrades, it is with much regret that I take my leave of you. As you saw, our employer, dignified as she is, released a number of creatures into the world that as a good natured person I cannot allow to wreak whatever havoc they please. Hopefully I will find my inner adventurer as I did in the second age."

Spoiler
    Show
    Hope that was good!

Edit: There was some slight confusion presented to me on the subject of the whole chaptering thing. This game is separated into chapters, which might a day or a series of days. They're all done in the same topic. When we have a new topic, I will make it explicit and obvious, otherwise, use this one.
    Last edited by Meek; 2008-05-26 at 08:26 PM.