Quote Originally Posted by Ceiling009 View Post
Now that I think about it, Water Whip should be a template added to blasts and ice shards; and let it allow to do more, at least threaten squares.
I still see absolutely no reason to mix Ice Shards into this situation at all. There are no shards of ice involved in any application of Water Whip we've yet seen. Also, the concept of a whip made of water is completely different from that of Water Blast. It is not pressurized water being launched at someone, but rather a volumed of water controlled in such a way as to inflict some minor bruises, wrap around objects, or push and pull others. The concept does not fit a template form at all.

The concept of incorporating Water Whip into the Tentacle seed does hold some value, though. I still hold that the two should be separate seeds, but I can definitely see the similarities between the two, and how the concepts and canon background of the seeds are similar.

On the topic of weapons made of ice; it seems to me that the canon we've seen does limit weapons made of ice to small slivers. I suppose that a waterbender could make a sword made from ice with a simple application of Manipulate's 'shape' ability; but the result of this would be difficult to determine. From what we've seen, any ice a waterbender makes is just plain ice, which would chip badly from any hard contact with metal armor, especially if the temperature is above freezing. I wouldn't include a weapon-making aspect in the Ice Shards seed, but you're welcome to make a simple Ice Shards/Manipulate form (pending DM approval) that would have a DC 19, usually doable by taking 10 at 1st level.