View Single Post

Thread: Naruto d20 (Team A)

1. - Top - End - #303
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto d20 (Team A)

Rio

Crimson drops fell slowly from Rio's skin, splashing on the ground, only to blend in with the blood of the fallen. Grim proof that inside, we're all the same, though Rio. Casting a glance at Kaken, then the other two genin, Rio stifled a scoff. Those two had killed, what, two, three? Maybe four? How many had he been forced to kill? Twenty five? More? Why did they stand there? he fumed. He nearly died alone, by himself, because his "friends", "teammates", "villagers" had paid no heed to him. His "guardian" had nearly drowned him.

As he retrieved a couple of his nearby weapons, scattered by his attack with Kaken, Rio began to tense up. He'd thought that Keimatsu said the team was most important. He'd been oh-so-proud of everyone else, after all. Disdained Rio for having gone for the objective. Patted Daddy's Girl on the head, and told the shallowest personality this side of a puddle he was awesome. Rio thought that his "shame" was because he'd run, and didn't have power. That if he could contribute, aid, and maybe even save his teammates, it would pay off. It hadn't.

All that had happened was that he nearly died, while his "friends" stood aside. Obviously his ability wasn't enough. He had to make it so that he wouldn't need their help. Keimatsu was wrong, he realised. Team loyalty was a lie. You protect those you want to protect. Surprisingly, the one who came to his aid was Kaken, though Rio suspected it might have been a little out of guilt for smoking him with that water technique.

What was this? Why was he thinking like this, this wasn't him. Rio closed his eyes, taking a few deep breaths. As he was able to calm himself, and regain his focus, he looked around himself. Still, he pondered, Masaru is still in trouble. And Michiko had her hands... half-full, so I can't blame them too much.

Somewhere in his mind, the fact that he had killed over twenty men was rattling around, but he kept that fact firmly in check for the nonce. His friend was in trouble, after all. Striding towards the men assaulting Masaru, he called to Michiko, after her... tirade. "What are you talking to them for? The only ones who will leave alive ran from me. These two are leaders. Let's kill them and move on." Bitterness dripped from Rio's words, prompted by the fact that this unprovoked, and unwanted, assault had resulted in needless, gratuitous bloodshed. The "leaders" weren't family men, like the conscripts who ran. They were the reason for it all.

"If we don't kill them, they'll regroup and come again. With more forces, and better knowledge of what taking on Kagekure means."
    Last edited by Bariko; 2008-05-28 at 11:42 PM.

Avatar generously made by Zolkabro.

"When I give food to the poor, people call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." Dom Helder Camara

I need some more security than that provided by choosing between
    A job you hate, a job you hate and a job that doesn’t pay. - Bomb The Music Industry!