GoC- ME threads never win well because you never win them, because you are against me

WG- I don't recall, but i thought Soth wasn't that powerful enough that it required a god

Quote Originally Posted by pendell View Post
Reason: Although Mordor vastly outnumbers Kitiara's army. Kitiara's army includes *multiple* flights of dragons.
You underestimate Sauron's power over domination, and nasty tricks

In Middle Earth, a dragon is the ultimate "I win" button. Smaug laid waste Dale, it's kings and men, and reduced Erebor, one of the great fortresses (IMO) of MIddle Earth (so strong that 13 dwarves could hold off 2 armies inside it's gates) -- all by himself, in a *day*.
One dragon, by itself, is a war-winner. See: The Battle of Sudden Flame, Silmarrillion. And Kitiara has *several* flights.
To be fair, ME dragons seems stronger, if fewer than Dragonlance ones
Not to mention a mess of draconians, and not just the cannon-fodder Baaz. Bozaks. Auraks. Sivaks. Any one of which make Gandalf look like a grade-schooler, and some of which explode when killed.Naaasty.

Dragonlance is simply a much higher-magic environment than ME is. Putting this on a technology scale, it's the equivalent of pitting the entire Mongol horde (mordor's troops) against 1 modern armored division (say, Hermann Goering Division, WWII). In a standup engagement, the primitives will be slaughtered. Greater numbers only mean greater slaughter.
I don't think so. It would be a challenge, but the WK has the whole forces of modor (does that include Sauron himself?) and simply has more resources. He can use his many powers to bring down the army over time
As towards the 1v1 -- Lord Soth can cast fireball, and Ringwraiths appear to be vulnerable to fire. That, IMO, is an instant "I win".
WK isn't weak against Fire, through the weaker forms of hte other nazgul are

How could the witch king win? Well, he's a sorcerer and commands the spirits of the dead. Perhaps he could compel Soth to his will, or turn him.
Lots of really nasty monsters, and cruel tricks, like fear, domination, and magic. Most of his magic wouldn't work on Soth, but his Dragon lord friend....
from
EE